Cindy's bookshelf: read

Unseen
The Prince Who Loved Me
Passing Notes
The Witch Hunter


Cindy's favorite books »

Friday, July 17, 2015

Book Review: Alive by Scott Sigler


Alive (The Generations Trilogy, #1)Alive by Scott Sigler
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Received this for an 'honest review."

Book Review: Alive by Scott Sigler

This is a story of twists and turns. Some predictable, other are surprises. 6 kids wake up and finds themselves traveling down an endless dusty corridor trying to find other life, food, water, anything, anyone to help shed some light into what's going on, what's happening, what is this place.
Narrated by one person, I would of preferred different views from different people. It would of put some life into the story until things started happening. At first the story seemed to drag on. Little surprises didn't excite me. As with the rest of the kids, everyone was at a loss. Things got interesting once the dark monsters appeared and the story picked up pace from there. And time and time again I felt the narrator was just rambling on with details to fill spaces. But as the climax built, pieces were falling into place and questions were finally answered.
I did not connect with the main character. I wasn't sure if it was because of her mind set of a twelve your old, but man at times I wanted to strangle her. Yes, she may be somewhat mentally fit to be a leader because in times she led, but she was over estimating and over doubting I wasn't sure to give her credit or to push her aside and let someone else take the reins.
I could of been a story about courage, leadership, survival, aliens! If this is a trilogy, what happens next? Where is Bello really? What happened to all the adults and the corpses? How and why people were the way they were? How can pigs be vicious? Or were they bores? How old were they? How long can a human life live and what can they live off of?
I will say this much, once the action starts, it keeps rolling. It's definitely a page turner and my curiosity has won me over many times. I wasn't bored per se, I was more annoyed but it's per situation that happens.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment