Cindy's bookshelf: read

Unseen
The Prince Who Loved Me
Passing Notes
The Witch Hunter


Cindy's favorite books »

Monday, July 11, 2011

The Dead-Tossed Waves

The Dead-Tossed Waves (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #2)The Dead-Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan


My rating: 5 of 5 stars


To me, and compared to the books I've read before like The Mortal Instruments, theres not a whole lot of action action, but I do agree with some of the other readers. This book is written beautifully, romantic, scary and terrifying all at once, well not "all at once," but through-out it! Thinking back, I was like, ok, Mary has a daughter, and with who? The light house guy? And then it's like ok, she's adopted, that's alright. Ooo, and Gabrielle is in love and she meets Elias! O Elias, a mistery man, where is he from, why is he in the Forest and why does he already has this attachment to Gabry?!?!?! Then o my! Catcher is infected and now he's immune. And then there's Daniel. I thought maybe then Gabry will lean on him for the almost-lost of Catcher, and maybe fall in a similar step to Harry and Mary's situation, but nope. Throughout the books, it's like Gabry is strong and then her determination, her will collapses, like the shift in the wind. I find that Gabry's a little weaker than Mary, but then they are different characters. So back to the Forest and Gabry finds her mom with Harris and her history and roots with the village and Elias. Poor Gabry, like she said, she barely found her roots, and now she had to leave it behind and move on. Are they going to travel in a circle to reach the Dark City? Will Gabry and Catcher meet Mary, Elias, Harry and the dog again? Will Gabry find her twin Annah?

Even though my review sounds swift and more compact and less judgmental this time. I feel like Carrie Ryan wrote this sequel better than The Forest Of Hands And Teeth. Well you gotta have a beginning to have and middle and ending. This is a good book, a little slow at first because of Gabry's life and Mary continued life intro, I think it's great! Different and similar obstacle and the love triangle that always tuggs and tears at someone's heart!




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment