Cindy's bookshelf: read

Unseen
The Prince Who Loved Me
Passing Notes
The Witch Hunter


Cindy's favorite books »

Monday, July 11, 2011

The Hunger Games

The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins


My rating: 5 of 5 stars


WOW, I couldn't put the book down. Peeta and Katniss! They both did it, they survived the awful game plagued by the Capitol! I jus had to keep reading till I read every last word, every last page is turned.. But now the anti caption of what will happen between Peeta and Katniss. Love? Anger? Regret? Foul play? What about Gale! So many unanswered questions and two more books to spill over! I loved how everything was planned, willingly known or not. Through Katniss's mind, her conflicting thoughts and feelings for Peeta sends me feeling sorry for him, but maybe hope for her and their new relationship that is now more than just friendship or not? "sigh"

It seems as though Suzanne Collins has lived through the Hunger Games and is now telling the story, as if she was Katniss herself! Brilliant! Totally a different kind of love/romance. Nothing that tells you too much. No indication that anything is inappropriate. Everything that happened and events that occured just built up to the next thing that happened. There's family, there's the friendship that isn't quite a crush or love yet. Then there's a war, futuristic things like a button that sends a meal within a minute? Come one! Then there's mutation in animals, the played out/ planned out nature events, the unseen camera which captures everything that happened.. Friendship, singing birds, revenge and love/ or is it feelings/ spurs of the moment actions that can mean something else. Smart! Eveything is so planned and organized that you can't really pinpoint a type of book this is. Yes, there's action, there's romance/love I think, nothing too close to paranormalcy, friendship and family. I love it!

I don't think my description gives justice to such a brilliant book, but I KNOW reading it is a whole different realm. Being the reader in a character's mind is a whole thing plays out nicely!




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment